Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Detail is the Key of Success

      I read the book called Detail is the key of success few years ago. To be honest, I do not really like the book, but I still learned something from it. This "something" can be way of living and studying, or experience from the examples. I am not sure, but I am sure that I like the concept of emphasizing details.
      I do not want to talk about the book much because it is wrote by a CEO of a Chinese big company. Therefore, some concepts are based on Chinese society. I just want to share with you what I gained from this book.
      1. Do things that interest you-- You spend lots of time on working. You can do well on something we do not like, but we will never success in that job or area. This also applies to studying.
   2. Be your own boss-- You will never become rich working for others because every boss is self-centered. His/her goal is not to make his/her staffs rich. It also applies to study. Finishing your homework for your own sake will benefit you. On the other hand,finding the way to play the game and doing the least amount of work to get a average grade might make you a good student, but not a good learner.

      3. Put your heart into one thing and be an expert on it instead of being jealous on others' talents-- Do not try to learn everything at once and expect yourself be good at everything. I used to try really hard on being a well-rounded person, but it did not work out because I have limited energy and time.
      4. MAKE GOOD FRIENDS-- It does not mean "make useful friends". My dad told me I should make friends with all kinds of people. Even though you do not like some of them, you can still learn things from them. You can even learn different kinds of wines by making friend with a drunkard.
   5. Be a generous person-- Do not get mad easily. It is not solving the problem and it only ruins your health. The person or thing you are mad at is not going to get better. Therefore, be a calm person and use your brain.

      These five statements I wrote have nearly no relation with detail; however, I learned them from this book, and the point of reading a book is to obtain knowledge.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your dad: friends who are not like you add to your life. If all your friends are just like you, what do you gain? maybe nothing.

    ReplyDelete