Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday, October 17, 2013

All about Pi

    The story of Pi became so popular as the movie Life of Pi came out. To be honest, I did not know this story before the movie, but I chose to read the book after I saw the movie.
    It was less fun to read after watching the movie because I stuck to the scenes in the movies and I cannot enjoy the process of picturing the scene from verbal description. But anyway, I like both the movie and the book.

    The reason I love the movie is just because its magnificent setting. The whales and the poisonous island are my favorites.I have to say technology is great though I hate it sometimes.
    I read the Chinese version of this book. To be honest, I do not like the translation. I went back and read the original version after I finish the book. English version is simpler, cleaner and smoother comparing to Chinese version.I feel like the translator needs to understand the religion and faith in this story.
    The translation of this movie in Chinese is basically the Fantasy of Pi. Though the environment of this story is fascinating, the story itself is cruel.The true story is that all the people die and he is alone on the boat. The tiger is Pi's enemy but he relies on it at the same time.It symbolizes his fear. The Director, Ang Lee, said that there is Richard Parker in everyone's heart. He roars and stares at us when we are in danger, but it also supports us.
    The name Richard Parker interested me because it is also a name of a sailor who was eaten by other three sailor. They were in a shipwreck and Richard Parker was killed by others for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment