Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Spirited Away by My Favorite Japanese Cartoonist

        Whenever people talk about the famous cartoonist Hayao Miyazaki , I will talk about his films. I've seen his well-known animation " Spirited Away" when I was in third grade, but I just thought this is a good cartoon. I was over-whelmed by all the strange creatures but had no other special feeling.        
This year, I saw the movie again. I felt that the scenes were not as unbelievable as I thought when I was a kid, but I noticed more about the relationships between characters. I thought the two protagonists are just lovers, but this time I recognized the power of support from people that is like you. In this movie, the girl Chihiro accidentally got into another world, and Haku is the only "human-like" person in this town. It makes me think of my life in America. My parents always tell me to make more American friends, but sometimes I find that people that are like me give me more support.        
 Later, I found the name of the movie is very profound meaning . The movie is called "Spirited Away " because the wicked old woman changed Chihiro' s name to Sen, and later, by Chihiro and White Dragon(Haku)'s dialogue, I know that once Chihiro forget her  name, just like White Dragon, she cannot return to the original world. This reflects the importance of our names due to their duty of recalling the past.
That day I had a strange idea, assuming that people live in the world without names, the world would be completely different and confusing. Names are symbols of our lives, they are the most basic things that make us unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment